Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Business & Personal OneDrive compatibility and shared resources

I was told today by Office Tech Support that I should choose between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive for Personal because having both on the computer may cause issues. How absurd?! There are millions of small business owners (& employees, contractors, etc) who use machines for both personal and business use.
    1) Ensure compatibility between your own products (MS makes the OS, MS makes OneDrive Business, MS makes OneDrive Personal. Why can't you make them get along?!).
    2) Why should I pay for both when I only use a small percentage of the 1TB of space each allows. In fact,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Documents saved in Word on a Mac; fonts do not appear the same when open in Word on a PC.

Documents saved in Word on a Mac; fonts do not appear the same when open in Word on a PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Word fonts not consistent on Mac and PC

Documents saved in Word on a Mac do not appear the same in Word on a PC. The PC seems to be substituting different fonts for the ones used by the Mac, despite the fact that the proper fonts are present on the PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like an option to turn-off reminders when I enter historical appointments in Outlook

I use Outlook for my time card.

I would like an option to prevent the reminder window from popping up when I enter historical appointments.

For example, if it is 12 noon and I enter an appointment for a 15-minute telephone call that happened at 8:00 am, I do not need a reminder to let me know that my appointment is 4 hours overdue.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Operated by 21Vianet issue

Hi.

I had an issue with our Office 365 service where documents had a message at the bottom saying "Operated by 21Vianet according to Chinese law". As we do not operate in china and should not have any data in china, we were deeply concerned.

It disappeared in the end but we are still concerned as we would never want data hosted in China.

Really not sure what happened.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase Throttling Limit for API setup

Allow admin to increase throttling limit for 3rd party API setup to trigger the email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Singnet Email Address - Sending Error

Multiple singtel users in Singapore could not forward emails in outlook.
    Have got the response from Singtel:
    Please be informed, regarding email client Outlook 2016 we have been getting feedback that Microsoft Outlook 2016 Professional Edition users are not able to receive some of their emails, including Singnet emails. This is pending for Microsoft to come up with a patching to resolve the Microsoft Outlook 2016 setting.

As we are uncertain when Microsoft will be able to resolve this issue, we suggest using an alternative mail client in the meantime such as Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail or an older…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Phone accessability to purchase these products

Phone accessability to purchase products.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One Drive select Data Centre Storage Location

I use Onedrive, I'm based in Dubai and my Microsoft 365 account is in the UK. Sometimes the update speed is slow. I don't know where (which data centre) my files are stored, but it doesn't make sense if 95% of the time I'm in Dubai and my files are stored in the UK or far away. It would be a good idea say to be able to choose the location of the data centre (I would choose middle east) then (I presume there are back ups) the UK, then Spain as I sometimes work there. Could make things faster…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sharepoint Default "Copy To"/"Move To" Location (Allow User Setting)

I suggest that you default the "copy to"/"move to" location in Sharepoint (through web browser) as the current folder location, rather than the root directory of the library. It's quite frustrating when you are several folders deep in the structure, only to have to find your way all the way down again, just to move a file to another folder in the same folder as where you started.

At the very least, if this doesn't suit others, it would be helpful if this was a user setting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Credentials are regularly corrupted, meaning OneDrive can't save files

Hi,
    One of our clients regularly has issues where by an upload is blocked due to a bad sign in. The solution we've been given is to remove this from the Windows 10 settings dialog, then re-sign in to an Office application. This has happened about 5-6 times in the last year, and our client is getting annoyed with us.

The Microsoft support team say they won't look in to this as they offer a solution, but it's very frustrating for both the customer and ourselves.

Thank you,
    Rick.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the EAC!! your response is pathetic at best.

MS support response "EAC is at points “buggy” and the fix for it would be to use Powershell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Planner - Automated Syncing of icalendars once set for a Plan

Just getting ramped up with Planner. Love the idea that an icalendar of a Plan can be done so I can see the withing my web or local Outlook client.

However, very surprised that once set up, it must be published and saved each time a change is made in tasks dates, etc.

It would seem once a user has committed to create an icalendar link, it should be syncronized automatically ongoing.

What is the rationale for not doing so?

Thank you,
    Rick

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customer wants to change the grey font color for the uservoice page for old aged people so that it is easily visible to them

Customer wants to change the grey font color for the uservoice page for old aged people so that it is easily visible to them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not all mobile phones and mobile devices support all mobile device mailbox policy settings

Not all mobile phones and mobile devices support all mobile device mailbox policy settings. Some mobile android devices don't support encryption.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. reading confirmation

we would need to have the option to set up read confirmation for all emails in a general way

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Microsoft Forms One Drive integration

To bring about one drive integration in Microsoft Forms. The response excel file be available in One Drive for sharing and viewing instead of the share summary link

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In a business situation a SharePoint library would be able to contain more than 100000 items. for our company

It is a major limitation for our company. In a business situation there's a lot of data that should be in the same library, so split up libraries is not an solution. Please find a better way for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn back on the ability to copy or move messages to a Shared Mailbox Folder

We used to be able to move a copy of an email from our inbox to a folder in a Shared Mailbox for purchasing archive purposes. This feature stopped working 1/19/18.

This was quite handy in our business and we want the feature back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base