Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Names of all Sharing a OneDrive file/folder

It is not possible to quickly see and track a list of individuals names/emails who you have allowed to share an item. You can only click on the avatar icons one by one-- and if there are many then that is unsatisfactory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. currently there are no "Delete" option for searchable contacts in OWA

we need this feature in OWA if user want to delete few contacts from 1000+ contacts in ALL contacts list.
    Currently deletion option is nor available by design setting, actually this is very necessary feature in OWA if user who dont use outlook client.
    so please help to perfect this function in OWA and implement it if possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return to Outlook 2013 Contact Record format and restore Linked Contact field for third party contacts

Old Outlook contact records used to have a field where you could add a hyperlink to a linked contact for another person. When doing so, the other person's record would automatically create its own back link. Much more convenient than under 2016.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide Better Coaching for New User Implementations

Hi! I wanted to provide you a brief explanation, regarding my recent experience. I was informed by the Purchasing Department, when purchasing my Admin Account, that all I needed to do to enroll each staff member with an exchange account was to create their email address. Once the address was created, the essentials package would be automatically associated to the individual user(s). As of Sunday, I received notification that our account emails were kicking back transcriptions, when emailed by patients, staff members, etc. After 3.5 hours on the phone today with an IT Representative, I was able to determine that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Office 365 Non-Profit Donation

Hi Ali

Just a recap on the progress of Office 365 for non-profits.

From your previous email with the links attach I eventually worked out that nothing is actually for free, the point I missed was that the software still had to be purchased although at a discount, which we are still not able to afford. So I will not be using the portal in the future.

This was a bit of a letdown as I was hoping that Microsoft could have made a minimum package of Excel, Word and PowerPoint available for non-profits as a gift. But business is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reassigning Exchange Online license at times provisions a new mailbox

We are recently seeing cases where in if the administrators reassigns the Exchange Online license it provisions a new mailbox. To get access to the old data customers have to open a request with support who then have to follow the standard procedure and at times have to engage engineering to recover the old mailbox content. It will be better if the old mailbox is put in a soft deleted state or if customers can get access to such mailboxes in its removed state. This will enable customers to recover data from such mailboxes following the standard recovery procedure. Also…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent "Recent Items" from being stored and displayed through all seats under the same user.

There is currently no option to disable "Recent Items" from being stored and displayed when inserting a link on any Office 365 application. That is really inconvenient when you have more than one seat for a given user as any user logged in with the same credentials has access to this list of items even if they are not the owners.
    This goes against privacy to our users so we are requesting for an admin feature to disable Recent Items from being stored and/or displayed.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In OWA, when you are in People and click Send Email on a contact have your signature append

In OWA, when you are in People and click Send Email on a contact have your signature append without having to click insert signature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the help desk user right to Intune.

The settings can not be changed on intune, and the user wants to check the status of the device, and only to synchronize the lost mode or application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a GPS coordinate field in outlook contacts that can be mapped directly to bing / google / apple maps.

Add a GPS coordinate field in Outlook contacts address field that can directly be mapped when clicking Map it. Not all addresses globally get accurate results in the mapping systems and hence if we were able to add an exact GPS coordinate location to define a persons address (home or work) at least we would know how to physically get there by car, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To have user profile picture loaded into outlook in cache mode.

To have user profile picture loaded into outlook in cache mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. currently there are no "Delete" option for searchable contacts in OWA

we need this feature in OWA if user want to delete few contacts from 1000+ contacts in ALL contacts list.
    Currently deletion option is nor available by design setting, actually this is very necessary feature in OWA if user who dont use outlook client.
    so please help to perfect this function in OWA and implement it if possibel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to control who can see GALs

We need a simple way from the Office365 UI to control who can see the GAL and other Global Lists.

We are a small non-profits. We have 20 or so Users (people using our linked domain email addresses) four of which are paid employees and the rest are volunteers. We have several hundred contacts some of whom are very sensitive about who might discover their email address.

I would like to have a single list of Contacts accessible by the four paid employees but not accessible by the volunteers. I would also like to be able to use Distribution Groups…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. improve your search engin for adresses

my idea is very simple and it´s increadable that it doesn´t work since decades:
    I don´t know any email program (just outlook!) where it´s not possible to find email adresses in my own contact list. I have to know exactly how it starts, otherwise: no chance! This is very ridiculous. And I have to pay for. Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display all Outlook Contact Card fields by default

In Outlook 2010, if you selected a contact in an email it would display the contact card and all fields. Now in Office 365 you only get a select few fields and have to click on more to expand the card and view all fields

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One drive for business

Now a days its very frustrating to use one drive for business as they being upgrade to new version. As the upgrade version is released we need to reconfigure for each & every user manually. As a partner we need to give solution for our enterprise customer have more than 500 users. when we reconfigure it syncs from the initialize.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. have a "send attachment" option in the dropdown menu on the attachment in the web version of outlook.

have a "send attachment" option in the dropdown menu on the attachment in the web version of outlook.

I would like to be able to send an attachment to someone else, but not have it forward the whole email chain. Just attach the file to a new email. This could be a good option on the drop-down for each attachment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. リッチテキスト形式や HTML 形式のメール本文内の画像ファイルを添付ファイルと認識させないでほしい

メール本文内の埋め込み画像ファイルは、見た目上添付ファイルと見えないのに、トランスポート ルールで添付ファイルが存在することを条件としている場合に、そのルールがで起用されて困っています。
    リッチテキストや HTML 形式のメール内の埋め込み画像ファイルを、添付ファイルと認識させない方法を実装してほしいです。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base