Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft/ Office Support on Twitter

I hope the support can reply all the user soon.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    54 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. printing directly from SharePoint online / Please add a print button to the ribbon

We cannot PRINT pictures directly from SharePoint Online.
    The only option is to download and save the file and then open and print it. This takes to much effort to print a picture.

We would like to print directly from SharePoint.

Please add a print button to the ribbon containing sharing/download/remove/copy.?

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limitations in creating questions in Microsoft Forms / Surveys

Provide information with regards to limitations in creating questions in Microsoft Forms. Mostly, user know that the maximum is 95 questions. However, there are instances that it is only 40 questions but they cannot add any questions anymore. This will give information to users. Kindly clarify what is the exact limitations that users should consider. Thank you!

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to remove default domain email address added to shared mailbox / user mailbox as alias / Unable to delete email alias

Hi
    some of the reasons microsoft doesn't allows us to remove the alias email address with the default domain.

i created a shared mailbox called finance@secondarydomain.com. when i created that it automatically created an email alias as finance@primarydomain.com by default. Now i tried to create an additional shared mailbox finance@primarydomain.com but cannot do so as the address is used by finance@secondarydomain.com.

When i try to delete the alias from the first mailbox the settings seems to be saved without any error message, but when i reopen the dialog box the alias address still there. when i try to…

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable POP and IMAP by Default

I'd like to be able to set that the default for IMAP and POP is disabled. From there we can turn on these features per mailbox as required.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shared Mailboxes' Profile Picture

Currently, changing the profile picture information of shared mailbox can be done only by using PowerShell.

Please add the function to modify the profile picture of the shared mailbox via user's browser.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add an option to disable email notifications when sharing a calendar

It would be very helpfull to turn off calendar invites. In a company, where each calender is shared with all other employees - sharing a calendar for a new employee, will result in many hundred mails the the entire organisazion, when shaing/editing the permissions for the calender for all users.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add #sharp key to Standard Persian keyboard!

Windows 10's Persian Standard keyboard (FAS) layout does NOT have a sharp # key! Add the missing character so users do not need to constantly switch between keyboards!
    صفحه کلید فارسی استاندارد ویندوز دکمه نامساوی/هشتگ ندارد! اضافه کنید

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No Way to Access Archived Calendar when using a Mac

There is currently no way for a Mac user to access their Office 365 archived calendar. Outlook for Mac does not support the feature (Outlook for Windows does), and the Office 365 Outlook web portal also does not support this issue.

This seems like a large oversight, archived calendar items should be accessible by any user regardless of OS.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. user password doesnt sync to O365 if 'User must change password at next logon' enabled

it is a standard practice to enabled the user to change his first time (temporary) password when user logs in first time. But if we created a new user on-premise with this flag enabled, user password doesnt sync to O365 & cannot login to O365. This is a security issue for scenarios where organizations use only cloud hosted applications with an account created on-premise. we need functionality that - O365 able to sync temp password from on-premise and force the user to change if that is never changed or first itme login. this feature works for accounts created in cloud,…

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Word Online to support URLs with bookmark tags at the end.

Workd 2010, 13 and 16 support URL's to other files that you can append a #bookmark tag so when the file opens it will auto open to that placeholder in the document.

Word Online does not currently support this feature.

Example: Word doc wants to reference "section2" of another document.

URL is domain.sharepoint.com/documents/otherdocument.docx#section2

In Word 2010 and later (except online) when you click that link it will open up the new document and auto scroll to the section2 bookmark of that document.

Word online has not such functionality

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams-Disable Voicemail to Email

When a new voicemail comes into Ms teams calling provide the option to disable the voicemail to email and only allow VM to stay in the MS Teams voicemail tab. Companies want the ability to manage searchable data in their exchange system. Voicemail should not be fully tied to email and should have a separate policy

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. improve the behavior when acquiring the Office 365 audit logs along with "FileAccessed".

*English follows Japanese

■内容:公開情報では "FileAccessed" の項目があるが実際には、アイテムを新規作成したログが取得され、アイテムにアクセスしたログは取得できない。そのため、"FileAccessed" の項目にて、アイテムにアクセスしたログも取得できる動作の実装を希望します。

I am aware of the publishing information about "FileAccessed". However, it is the case that I am unable to acquire any of the logs concerning the items to which I get accessed to in case of getting the logs when creating a new item. As a consequence, I hope that I will be able to experience the behavior to get the logs when accessing to an item as far as "FileAccessed" is concerned.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar. ManyThanks

Please improve meeting room equipments information, inside outlook calendar.
    In addition, to the meeting room name and the address mail of the meeting room, it is important to add the following fields:
    - video-projector
    - number of network point connection
    - Phone conference present or not and its number
    - black/white board
    You can add all this information as differents fields or as a one big field "Equipments", as you prefer.
    All this information have to be visible when you are booking the room.
    Many thanks in advance for this upgrade!

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sync profile pictures to office 365 applications

Profile pictures currently only sync for Outlook and Skype for Business. I would like them to sync to Excel, Word, etc. without hooking up an ADFS server.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set custom start page

Every user is able to set a custom start page within the personal Office 365 settings. This is a great setting and very valuable. We would love to have the option to allow a custom URL. For example: contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/projecta. This allows users to create their own start page for Office 365 to every location. We are sure this can be very valuable to increase user adoption for Office 365.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. That all photos for contacts and generally will be more than just 96 pix

Low-res pic is over,
    We know in the Hi-Reg age

Every time i change photos of contacts in my android that synced with Exchange online it's reduced to low res after sync!

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enforce Multi-Factor Authentication for New and Existing User Accounts by Default

When creating a new users, MFA should be enabled by default versus having to manually enable it for every new account.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Pictures without Exchange-License

It's a shame, that you have to buy an Exchange-License for having the option to show user pictures or edit your own picture.

We use an Exchange local at our network an SfB as online service with Office365. We don't understand what the problem ist, to use the picture from the office 365 account and why you have to buy an additional online-exchange-license.

In my oppinion this is a basic feature and Microsoft uses these ways to get more money from their business-customers.

Can you please think about that?

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base